I love Saturdays. A lot. It's usually a day when I can be my normal, likeable, lazy self. Today was no exception. It's sometime after noon today and I've been up for about five hours. Sleeping in with no alarm to wake me up is one of my absolute favorite things to do. And, I get to do it again tomorrow.
I haven't just been laying around doing nothing today, though. No siree. I've been productive. Somewhat. I've done the following:
- Watched a Division II football National Championship game between two teams I've never heard of before and couldn't care less if I didn't hear of them again.
- Watched an episode of Gangland recorded previously on my DVR.
- Checked my email probably 10 times.
- Checked my Facebook probably five times.
- Picked my nose twice.
- Ate half a pizza left over from last night.
- Drank approximately half a gallon of Kool-Aid.
- Took a shower.
- Brushed my teeth.
- Two loads of laundry.
- Watched the snow fall.
- Read Calvin and Hobbes for a while.
- Watched part of the Utah v Oklahoma basketball game. Also, two teams I couldn't care less about but will likely hear about in the future.
- Checked out my friends' blogs.
- Checked out cougarboard way too many times.
All this on the last Saturday before I take finals. I could have been studying, actually doing a take-home final, or other productive things. I'm not worried about it though. I've been very busy the last couple of weeks - probably the busiest I've been in my life, so I think I deserve a day to just be lazy. I can be (and will be) busy again this coming week.
I'm taking my CCW class tonight. I'm excited to get it done, but not excited for a four-hour class discussing who knows what. I can only hope that it's interesting. Sixty days after today I should have my permit in one hot little hand and my 9 in the other. Hooray for the 2nd Amendment!